(a) This Standard establishes performance requirementsfor air-powered chain hoists for vertical liftingservice involving material handling of freely suspended(unguided) loads using load chain of the roller or weldedlink types with one of the following types of suspension:
- hook or clevis
(b) This Standard is applicable to hoists manufacturedafter the date on which this Standard is issued. It is notapplicable to
- damaged or malfunctioning hoists;
- hoists that have been misused or abused;
- hoists that have been altered without authorizationof the manufacturer or a qualified person;
- hoists used for lifting or supporting people;
- hoists used for the purpose of drawing both theload and the hoist up or down the hoist’s own loadchain(s); or
- hoists used for marine and other applicationsas required by the Department of Defense (DOD).
The requirements of this Standard shall be appliedtogether with the requirements of ASME B30.16. Pleasealso refer to ASME B30.16 for requirements pertainingto marking, construction, and installation; inspection,testing, and maintenance; and operation.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 750 KB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 5.3 MB